Sunday, August 1, 2010

Reading Roundup July 2010

By the Numbers
Picture Books: 31
Early Readers: 2

Sources
Review Copies: 1
Swapped: 6
Library: 24

Standouts
Writing: Do Not Build a Frankenstein! by Neil Numberman
Just, massive hee! all around. I can see this being a hit in 1st grade classrooms.
Illustration: Mirror by Suzy Lee
Actually, my coworker was kind of freaked out by the ending of this book. I'm interested to hear how Actual Kids (tm) reacted to it.
Overall: City Dog, Country Frog by Mo Willems, illustrated by Jon J. Muth
When I first heard that Mo Willems wasn't illustrating his latest picture book, I was taken aback. But when I read this lovely book, I understood.

Because I Want To Awards
Well, That Didn't Go Where I Was Expecting: Over at the Castle by Boni Ashburn, illustrated by Kelly Murphy
 How Can I Help But Love the End?: Stella Louella's Runaway Book by Lisa Campbell Ernst
Okay, Where Are They Getting All Those Ingredients?: Chicks and Salsa by Aaron Reynolds, illustrated by Paulette Bogan

No comments: