Monday, February 1, 2010

Reading Roundup: January 2010

By the Numbers
Picture Books: 50
Early Readers: 4

Sources
Swapped: 11

Library: 42
Standouts
Writing: If Not for the Cat by Jack Prelutsky, illustrated by Ted Rand
Nature and animal haiku doesn't exactly scream Jack Prelutsky to me, but wow can he do it.
Illustration: Something to Do by David Lucas
Okay, it does have a haunting similarity to Harold and the Purple Crayon. But I loved it anyway. Review to come. 
Overall: Millie's Marvellous Hat by Satoshi Kitamura
A tribute to imagination, and wacky chapeaux. Review to come.


Because I Want To Awards
More Than I Expected: Hippopotamus Stew by Joan Horton
What, No CD?: Peter and the Wolf, by Chris Raschka
Trippiest: Round Trip by Ann Jonas

1 comment:

Playing by the book said...

I can't wait to see your review of If not for the Cat and Millie's Marvellous Hat - I've reviewed them both and really loved them.