Thursday, April 16, 2009

Can I Get a Huzzah?

Awhile back, Wizard's Wireless lamented that Blueberries for Sal didn't seem to be in print any longer. That made me sad, too. That's one of those books we read over and over in my childhood, and I always wanted to pick berries so I could meet a bear. (The thought that berries might not equal meeting a bear never crossed my teeny-tiny little mind. Also never to cross my mind? The thought that meeting a bear might not be all that fun.)

So I was happy to see this Publisher's Weekly article on the reprinting of Blueberries for Sal. Apparently, there was an estate-related kerfuffle and Viking's been working feverishly to retain the rights. There was a gap of time where they couldn't legally sell it (sigh), but now it's back, as well as a number of other McCloskey classics. Woohoo!

No comments: