Sunday, February 1, 2009

Reading Roundup January 2009

By the Numbers
Picture Books: 21
Early Readers: 0 (oops. I need suggestions, guys)

Standouts
Writing:
Illustration: TIE Negro Speaks of Rivers, The, illustrated by E.B. Lewis AND My Colors, My World/Mis colores, mi mundo by Maya Christina Gonzalez
Overall: Ghosts in the House! by Kazuno Kohara

Because I Want to Awards
Most Fun to Examine Closely: Woolbur by Leslie Helakoski
Most Fun for Artist Parents: Lily Brown's Paintings by Angela Johnson
Most Universal: Wave by Suzy Lee

Special note: Since about 7 of the picture books I read this month were for Cybils, I can't really say anything about them one way or the other. So Standouts and the BIWT Awards are from the rest of them. There will be reviews of the Cybils books as soon as we announce the winners. I know! Reviews! On a blog! What will I think of next?

No comments: